International Students from around the world comprise approximately 20% of the PBC student body. As a result, they have a strong role in defining the core of PBC. Over the last 40 years, international students have enriched the PBC culture and helped to broaden the worldviews of other students. It is always exciting to welcome new international students and encourage them as they grow, becoming leaders that impact their culture.
How to Apply
Applications for the Fall semester (beginning in August) must be turned in by June 1st to allow for enough time to apply for a student visa. Applications for the Spring semester (beginning in January) must be turned in by December 1st.
- Complete and submit the Application Request, including the $35 application fee.
- Proof of English Proficiency. Non-native English speakers must take the TOEFL exam.
- Must complete Statement of Financial Responsibility. In order to obtain a visa, international students must demonstrate that they have sufficients funds to complete the school year. Click HERE for more information on financial responsibilty for international students.
- Official Transcripts. Arrange for an official transcript to be sent from your high school directly to Portland Bible College in a sealed envelope. If you have attended a college or university, have them send PBC an official transcript including the course titles, the credit hours, and grade received. Please do not send a copy of your diploma. All transcripts MUST be translated into English.
- Once we have received the complete application we will review the documents. If you are accepted, the International Student Adviser will send you the SEVIS form I-20. You will use this document to apply for the F-1 student visa to enter the United States.
Read our Statement of Faith
US Student Visa
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Please be aware that your full application needs to be completed and accepted before we can issue your certificate of eligibility (SEVIS Form I-20).
Each international student will be issued a Certificate of Eligibility (SEVIS Form I-20) at the time of acceptance to Portland Bible College. The I-20 along with an I-901 form will be sent to the student. Upon receiving their I-901 form the student must immediately fill it out and send it along with $200 to the U.S. Immigrations. US Immigrations will then send the student a receipt, the I-797 form. Once the student has received their receipt and signed the I-20 form, they can go to the nearest American Consulate to obtain an F-1 student visa.
For full information on procuring a visa, consult the nearest American Embassy. To find more information on obtaining a student visa, click HERE.
Canadians should sign their I-20 form and present it along with the I-901 receipt to the U.S. Immigration officer at the border when entering the U.S. The officer will issue an I-94 Admission Card.
Read our Statement of Faith