Values that define and guide our mission:
- Authority of Scripture – We believe that the Word of God is to be the final authority for all our beliefs and practices.
- Holy Spirit Dynamics – We seek the effective working of the Holy Spirit in our lives, ministries and corporate gatherings.
- Local Church – This is God’s instrument and therefore our context for ministry training, confident in its ultimate success.
- Integrity – Godly character is the only proven platform for ministry influence.
- Vision – God-given vision is the inspiration for ministry development.
- Self-discipline – Harnessing one’s life resources with personal disciplines increases ministry effectiveness.
- Presence – The ongoing experience of God’s presence both corporately and individually provides the atmosphere for Spirit-led ministry.
- Community – Since ministry was meant to be relational, we seek to create a genuine sense of community.
- Heritage and Destiny – We honor and carry forward the rich spiritual heritage God has provided us as well as seek to boldly move forward into the destiny we have not yet obtained.
- Authenticity – We value substance over style, seeking genuine expression of the life of Christ.
- Servanthood – We strive to exemplify Christ’s model of servant-leadership.
- Yieldedness – A heart and life that is fully surrendered to God becomes His most treasured instrument.
Eight beliefs that shape future leaders:
- We believe a church college offers a balanced context for both spiritual growth and academic achievement, with a church focus on ministry experience and college focus on ministry training.
- We believe that raising up a young leader is a slow yet sure process as God orchestrates a journey to maturity that touches all areas of life.
- We believe that godly character is the foundation to a successful life and ministry. It provides an obvious level of integrity that establishes the person’s trustworthiness.
- We believe that charisma and gifting should be submitted to the dealings of God that result in brokenness, humility and a deep appreciation for the calling of God.
- We believe in exalting faithfulness over flashiness. Young leaders should first be in Christ, be a disciple, be in church, be a functioning member and then be in the ministry as a functioning leader.
- We believe that respect for authority expressed in attitude and action is the gateway to receiving authority, which is the gateway to effective ministry.
- We believe in the sovereign, overruling, power of God in and over students. We believe that God sends each student here and that God has a special unique plan and purpose for each one.
- We believe these formative years are a time for God to deposit dream seeds or vision seeds into the life of each student. It is our hope that life-long vision will surface and the seeds they receive will be used the rest of their life.