DEPARTMENT: Portland Bible College Administration
DATE: Open October 18, 2017
HOURS: FULL-TIME (40hrs per week)
TO APPLY: Send your RESUME to Carlos Marin at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter in your email.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
- Student ministry training: To oversee the practicum/apprenticeship program which provides hands-on ministry training for program participants: Portland Bible College students and City Bible Church adult education members.
- Student ministry placement: To build and manage systems and relationships that will prepare and promote PBC graduates and CBC members for placement in ministry/career opportunities or further education after.
QUALIFICATIONS (at time of hire)
- Bachelor’s Degree required (from Portland Bible College preferred). Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in developing and executing a college graduate job placement program preferred.
- Experience in developing and executing a value-based ministry partnership.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and make sound decisions.
- Extensive experience in managing/developing systems and structures.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Advanced communication skills both publicly and inter-personally.
- A base knowledge of every department of City Bible Church and the leaders who oversee them, preferred.
- Experience with project development and management.
- Experience with alumni, placement and partnership projects.
- Extensive and demonstrated successful experience working within college student internships preferably within a Christian college environment.
Exposure to and passion for the vision of CBC and PBC.
- Reports to the Portland Bible College Dean
- No Supervisory responsibility
- Student Ministry Training
- Create and manage the application and placement process for current students in practicum, apprenticeship, and CBC adult education assignments.
- Assist CBC ministry leaders in developing meaningful practicum/apprenticeship opportunities including clear job descriptions, taking into account college requirements.
- Contribute to the orientation process for all new incoming participants.
- Work with the Dean to develop, oversee and maintain a communication plan with sending pastors.
- Work with Portland area churches to facilitate practicum/apprenticeships for their PBC students.
- Work with CBC ministry leaders to develop and implement strategic apprenticeship plans.
- Manage communication produced by CBC and PBC Staff.
- Track the progress of each student’s placement and performance; adjusting expectations and relationships as needed.
- Develop and maintain a consistent, healthy working relationship with all CBC & PBC staff. This includes CBC communication department and Lead Pastor’s office.
- Facilitate the practicum/apprenticeship program for online students.
- Student Ministry Placement
- Ministry Partnerships
- Work with strategic partnerships such as CBC Network, MFI, ARC, local business partners and others.
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships and methods for strengthening existing ones.
- Work with marketing team, developing methods for strengthening brand exposure and image to strategic partners.
- Provide oversight and leadership of the PBC/CBC placement process.
- Navigate sending pastor relationships and coach students in these.
- Provide ministry/career development and job search counseling to PBC apprentices as well as certain students graduating with an Associates degree. This assistance may be extended to certain online students also.
- Set and achieve goals related to student ministry placement.
- Develop and manage a general knowledge and understanding of the related ministry professions represented by CBC Network, ARC, MFI and similar organizations.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with pastors and staff of CBC Network, ARC, MFI churches, department heads and faculty in other schools.
- Work with PBC team to develop and maintain an advertising strategy specifically designed to attract more placement opportunities to PBC students through job fairs attached to CBC Network, MFI, ARC and other conferences.
- Oversee the creation of technology to enhance visibility of available students to on-line career services and use as effective tool in ministry placement. Maintain and update the system as needed.
- Identify and disseminate employment opportunities to qualified students.
- Work closely with other PBC staff members in the planning and coordination of career services and programs such as job fairs, career programs, and pastoral panels.
- Work with PBC recruiter(s) to provide representation in partnership churches and events to enhance awareness and visibility of the PBC placement initiative.
- Assess participant’s placement readiness and plan steps for improvement.
- Represent students to churches and churches to students with appropriate consideration of their sending church (where applicable).
- Assist Associate Level students with job connections
- Ministry Partnerships
- Prepare analytical reports by collecting and summarizing practicum/apprenticeship program data.
- Provide evaluation/assessment of sending church relationships.
- Provide accurate reporting of metrics to include total number of students placed vs. graduates, percentages in each ministry area, average salaries and benefits packages.
- Track correlation between placement program success, new student acceptance and retention.