PRIME Student Internship was designed as a SIX week summer student internship experience that includes devotions, classroom teaching, outreach and serving opportunities as well as times of fun and connecting. The curriculum will rotate over the course of FOUR summers.
CLASSES ON DISCIPLESHIP, WORLDVIEW AND DOCTRINE:
- Video Classes: There are 18 video classes (each one around 40 minutes long), imparted by Portland Bible College professors and Mannahouse Youth pastors.
- Student Notes: A notebook with the outline of the class content is provided for you to download and provide to your students at the beginning of the internship.
- Marketing: You will be given marketing assets for the use of your church to aid in the promotion of the internship program among parents and youth, and to help recruit students for the program.
- Parent Communications: Parental buy-in is crucial. Sample documents and template resources will be provided to you to keep your students’ parents involved and informed throughout the program.
- Design Templates: In addition, we will provide branded templates and design files for you to use on communication assets, including a T-Shirt design to print for your students.
MINISTRY EXPERIENCE RESOURCES
- Serving: These resources will help you place students in ministry areas to serve in during the internship and to plan meaningful hands-on serving experiences that help them grow and be discipled.
- Outreach Planning: We recommend an Outreach opportunity as a capstone to the PRIME summer internship. You are resourced with ways to plan a successful outreach in your community.
PORTLAND BIBLE COLLEGE CREDIT
In order to be able to receive one elective credit into Portland Bible College for this summer internship, students may only miss one week of Prime (if more than one week is missed, students may still continue with the program, but will forfeit credit). Students will be evaluated based on their participation and engagement in all activities, class time, and serving.