Along with private lesson requirements, students will complete skill requirements parallel to degree completion. These music juries are specific graded benchmarks assessed by a panel of at least three (3) adjudicators, and require a 70% score in each category to receive a passing grade.
- Currently required for: Piano & vocal students.
- Offered when: in the final week or two of every semester.
- How do I sign-up? Signups are posted the week prior to juries for you to reserve your time slot with the panel.
- Is there a fee involved? Participation in music juries is currently $20 US, and can be charged to your student account at the time of taking your jury.
- What if I need to cancel? You can change or remove your reserved time slot anytime prior to the sign-up deadline (generally the Friday prior to the juries date). Jury fees are non-refundable as a result of canceling or missing your scheduled time after the deadline has passed (with execption of extreme illness or family emergencies of course).
- How do I prepare? Your private lesson instructor will help ready you for upcoming juries.
- How do I obtain the jury requirements for my instrument and level? Contact the PBC School of Worship office at any time, or speak to your private instructor.